Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hatton didn't surprise me.

I really don't know how anyone expected Hatton to win. He was Knocked out by a Mayweather left hook to his un protected jaw as he was diving in. Hatton simply cannot deal with any sort of speed, his style just doesn't allow for it, there isn't much to say about the Pacquiao Hatton fight that wasn't already blatantly obvious. Hatton cannot deal with speed and while the fight itself was predictable the after math is a bit more puzzling. Where does Pacquiao go from here? I would love him to fight Floyd and this would be a good fight for Floyd as well since he is missing one of those career defining fights that all of the greats had. I think Pacquiao has the potential to make it a really challenging drawn out war for Mayweather, but it seems we must wait a couple fights. Mayweather is apparently wanting to fight Marquez.

"I am not wasting any time with a tune-up fight," said Mayweather. "I'm going straight to the top. Marquez called me out immediately after his victory over Juan Diaz in February and now he gets his wish. What he is going to find out is that you should be very careful what you wish for."

Mayweather continued, "the rest of those fighters who called me out can get in line too because they are going to get their chance...one at a time and slowly but surely. It's going to be a great return and a wonderful 'experience.' Don't blink - I'M BACK!"


I don't blame Mayweather for going straight to the top, but I will start accusing him of ducking the better competition if he does not fight some of them after the Marquez fight.

0 comments: