Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hidden Conversation: Atheists.

My coach always told me that people have are having 2 conversations. The first conversation is the immediate conversation and the second conversation is the hidden conversation. The latter is made up of subtle things, body language, tone of voice, etc.. In a fight, if your opponents mouth is hanging open the hidden conversation is "I'm tired." If he is closing his eyes everything you exchange, the hidden conversation is "I'm scared." The following is a guideline of hidden conversations atheists have.

1. "There's no proof God exists," translates to "I don't know what the word proof means."

2. "There's no evidence God exists," translates to "I don't know what the word evidence means."

3. "There's no good evidence God exists," translates to "My definition of good(or the definitions I agree with) supersedes all other definitions of good," or "I don't know that good evidence is relative to the person viewing the evidence."

4. "There's contradictions in the Bible," translates to "I don't know what a contradiction is."

It's funny how accurately you can discern what an atheist doesn't know from the things they claim to know.

2 comments:

Quasar said...

[cheerful grin] Fun fact: re-interpreting what people actually say to fit your preconcieved notions and thus failing to deal with their precice words is not actually the same thing as reading their body language. Especially when the words come over the internet, so there is no body language. [mildly amused smile, single raised eyebrow]

[head tilts forward slightly] It's also arrogant and extremely offputting. [smile vanishes, eyes narrow] I know what I believe, I know which words I understand the definitions to, and when I say I have seen no evidence supporting the existance of your deity, guess what? [cheerfully insolent, lopsided smile, eyes still narrowed] No matter how much you would like to believe otherwise, to twist my words in order to demonise me and my beliefs, what I said is exactly what I meant."

Nameless Cynic said...

1. "There's no proof God exists," translates to "I don't know what the word proof means."

Or maybe you don't. Show me your proof. (And please, don't hold up the Bible. I mean, I could hold up a Harry Potter book - does that mean Hogwarts exists?)

2. "There's no evidence God exists," translates to "I don't know what the word evidence means."

Same answer.

3. "There's no good evidence God exists," translates to "My definition of good yadda yadda yadda"

Hey, wait! You used the word "supersedes"!! And you used it right! I'm so proud! Was that on your Word of the Day toilet paper?

4. "There's contradictions in the Bible," translates to "I don't know what a contradiction is."

* yawn *

OK, let's see. (All KJV, btw)

"The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." (Exodus 15:3)
"Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen" (Romans 15:33)

Not good enough? How about using the same book of the Bible? Ever compared Genesis 1 and Genesis 2? God created the earth TWICE, once with the men first, once with the beasts first.

Sorry. Was that too much reading? OK, let's try this. Does God like people to be wise?

"Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." (Proverbs 4:7)

"For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow" (Ecclesiastes 1:18)

"For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent." (1 Corinthians 1:19)

Sorry again. I know how you feel about smart people, so that's probably not the best example. Let's go to basic facts. What happened with Judas? I mean, having sold out the Savior (or assisted Him in fulfilling His destiny, depending on who you ask), Judas either threw his thirty pieces of silver down on the temple floor and hanged himself (Matthew 27:5), or kept the money, bought a field, tripped on a stump, and burst open like a well-fed tick (Acts 1:18).

(You know, there's something I don't recall hearing Mom saying. "Johnny! Don't run around like that! You might fall down, burst asunder and all your bowels will gush out!")

This stuff is easy to find. Really. All you have to do is actually read the Bible... oh, wait... "reading"...

Yeah, I'm sorry, man. That was mean, wasn't it?